ng homes and it subsidiaries* (ng homes Group) needs to collect and use personal data about its customers (tenants, residents, other service users and applicants), board members, contractors and colleagues, in order to serve our customers and manage our resources effectively.
ng homes group will respect the privacy and information rights of individuals and process this personal data in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
The information you provide to ng homes group will be used as follows:
1. We will record personal data about you and may use it for: property management; accounts and records; colleague, agent and contractor administration and engagement; relevant welfare services, advice and support; customer, colleague and asset security; and research. This may include disclosing your information to our service providers and agents in limited and controlled circumstances for these purposes.
2. We may disclose your personal data for relevant reasons to other organisations we work with, such as Local Authorities, Social Services, the Police and other enforcement agencies, other landlords and referral/support agencies or Government agencies, credit reference agencies and utility companies. Disclosure in such cases will be in accordance with agreed data processing agreements or information-sharing protocols. Sharing your personal data will only be done where we consider there is a compelling reason to do so.
3. To check your identity, to prevent fraud and to help us to make decisions about you, we may seek references and search the files of credit reference agencies who will record any credit searches on your file. The information obtained may be used to assist a discussion about your ability to pay the rent charge or to purchase a property.
4. If our colleagues or agents obtain allegations or evidence of violent or abusive behaviour towards our colleagues, agents or customers, this may be recorded. In the interests of health and safety this information may be disclosed to agents acting on our behalf.
5. To make sure we follow your instructions correctly and to improve our service to you through training of our colleagues, calls you make to us may be monitored and recorded.
ng homes Group may keep personal information which we collect for a reasonable period for any of the purposes mentioned above in accordance with our retention policy.
You may request us to stop processing your information at any time by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org and, if you are unhappy with how we have processed your information, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
* ng homes group is a trading name of North Glasgow Housing Association, ng Property Services Limited, ng2 Limited and Design Services Glasgow Limited. For clarity, North Glasgow Housing Association Ltd should be recognised as the registered data controller.
Please read this policy carefully as it sets out the terms upon which this website is made available for your use and how we use the personal information we collect.
In this policy, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘ng homes group’ refer to all of the entities within ng homes group. You can find out more information about which companies form ng homes group on our website.
By using our website, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree, please do not use our website or submit any personal information to it.
• What personal information do we gather?
• Sensitive personal information
• What do we do with the information we collect?
• Job applicants and our current and former colleagues
• Direct marketing
• Visitors to our website
• Do we share the information we receive?
• Complaints or queries
• Disclosure of personal information
• Access to personal data
• Third party personal data
• Links to other websites
• How to contact us
What personal information do we gather?
We collect information about you when you contact us and report issues to the ng homes group using online forms. The information from these forms reaches us via email and is passed to and processed by the relevant colleague accordingly. Whilst certain information is mandatory as indicated by an asterisk (*), other information is optional.
The information you provide to us will assist us in improving our products and services, so we would invite you to submit as much information as you are willing to provide. We may also retain copies of any correspondence you send to us and we will keep details of your registration history with us.
Please be aware that some of the telephone lines published on our websites are recorded for training and quality purposes.
We may collect, process and store information such as:
• Tenant names, date of birth, National Insurance numbers, photographs, contact details and preferences
• Tenant demographic data (e.g. religion or belief, ethnicity)
• References from landlords, support providers or other people vouching for applicants’ suitability as a tenant
• The details of other family members or people living in our properties
• Rent payments made
• Income and expenditure estimates
• Repairs requested
• Application or referral forms
• Tenancy agreements
• Physical and mental health or condition
• Support contracts
• Support plans and details of support providers
• Complaints about our services
• Responses to surveys or involvement initiatives
• Allegations of anti social behaviour
• Convictions, proceedings and criminal acts
• Correspondence to and from our residents, service users, other agencies or advocates
• Recordings of telephone calls made to and from the organisation
• CCTV images which may be recorded and retained for up to a month to safeguard your health and security.
We may apply markers to your information (for example, in relation to your vulnerability or health status) to enable us to tailor and deliver services to you. It is important that you notify us of any changes to your personal information.
“Sensitive” personal information
Under the GDPR 2018, certain personal information is classified as “sensitive”. Sensitive data is information relating to physical or mental health, sex life, sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, membership of a Trade Union, allegations of criminal offences and criminal convictions and offences. We minimise our holding and use of sensitive categories of personal information but, given the services we provide, there are times when we use it, for example when providing accommodation for disabled persons or those with problems around substance abuse, when resolving neighbourhood disputes involving alleged criminal activity or when helping someone to access care services.
When we collect specific sensitive data we will notify you of how we will use it, including who it may be shared with.
What do we do with the information we collect?
The information you provide to us is used to provide you with services (whether available via the website or offline). We also use the information for:
• Internal record keeping;
• Account management;
• Improving service delivery;
• Answering your queries;
• Contacting you for research and surveys; and
• Contacting you with updates about events, services and other information we think may be of interest to you, if you agree.
We may contact you by email, phone, or post unless you have requested that we do not to do so.
We may keep personal information which we collect for a reasonable period for any of the purposes mentioned above in accordance with our retention policy.
Job applicants and our current and former colleagues
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for a maximum of 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We retain de-personalised statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but no individuals are identifiable from that data.
Once a person has taken up employment with ng homes, we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment. Once their employment with ng homes has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with the requirements of our retention schedule and then delete it.
We would like to provide you with updates about events, services and other information that we believe may be of interest to you.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email email@example.com . We will also always give you an opportunity to unsubscribe from our marketing email updates in each communication we send to you.
Do we share the information we receive?
We may share your personal information with companies performing services on our behalf (such as maintenance or courier services) who will only use the information to provide that service. We may also share your personal information with other members of our corporate group, or a purchaser or potential purchaser of our business.
In some circumstances, we may be required by law to disclose your personal information, to, for example, government bodies or law enforcement agencies.
Access to your information will normally be limited to ourselves. However, there may be occasions when we disclose your details to others.
With your consent
We will usually obtain your consent before referring you to another service, an activity that requires us to share your contact and background information with the organisation that provides the service.
We will share specific and relevant information with law enforcement and government agencies or public bodies where we are legally required to do so. Examples may include:
• The prevention or detection of crime and fraud
• The apprehension or prosecution of offenders
• The assessment or collection of tax or duty owed to customs and excise
• Sharing in connection with legal proceedings
• Sharing in relation to the physical or mental health of an individual, where disclosure is required to protect them or others from serious harm
• Research and statistical purposes.
We may also share your information with emergency services and local authorities, where this is necessary to help them respond to an emergency situation that affects you.
Contractors and suppliers
We may share your personal information with our suppliers who enable us to provide services to you, or who provide services on our behalf. Examples of those suppliers are: specialist maintenance contractors who carry out work in tenants’ homes; the contractor who handles your out of hour’s service calls for us; companies that assist us in mailing out our notices and letters. The data shared is the specific information the supplier requires to carry out their task, as well as any information that ensures we fulfil our health and safety obligations to the people carrying out the task.
ng homes group remains responsible for the fair and lawful processing of personal data shared with suppliers. We ensure this occurs through setting data protection requirements in contracts let with suppliers.
In order to assist utility providers (gas, electricity and water, etc.) deliver their services and collect revenue, we will provide on request names and contact details of new tenants, and forwarding addresses of former tenants, as well as tenancy dates.
We may enter into partnerships with other organisations such as local authorities and the police. For example, we may join a partnership to help prevent and control anti-social behaviour. We will enter into a formal data sharing agreement to govern the process and ensure it is lawful. That agreement will be approved by our Data Protection Officer before it is implemented.
Visitors to our website
When you visit our website, we will collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, as well as other website user patterns. We do this to find out details on the number of visitors to the various parts of our website. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting and will not associate any data gathered from our website with any personally identifying information from any source.
Additional services may be made available to you if you choose to register with ng homes group. In this case, on registration, you will make us aware of your identity and your activities on our website and information about your computer may be linked on our systems to you.
Complaints or queries
ng homes group tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This policy provides an overview of ng homes group’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed upon request. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
Disclosure of personal information
In most circumstances we will endeavour not to disclose personal information without consent. However, when we investigate a complaint, for example, we may need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies. Any disclosure of personal information will be in accordance with the terms of the GDPR 2018.
Some of our properties have CCTV in public areas to deter crime and anti-social behaviour and to promote public safety by helping to identify and prosecute criminal offenders. You can ask for a copy of any CCTV images taken of yourself by making a subject access request. See access to personal data.
Access to personal data
ng homes group tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. The GDPR 2018 gives you the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you by the data controller (North Glasgow Housing Association Ltd.), please contact us using the details provided below.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible. We will use reasonable endeavours to correct or update any personal information about you when we are made aware of errors or omissions.
Third party personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all reasonable measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
“Phishing” is the name given to attempts to steal personal details and financial account details from a website user. “Phishers” use fake or “spoof” emails to lead users to imitation websites where the user is tricked into entering their personal details, such as credit card numbers, usernames and passwords. ng homes group will NEVER send e-mails asking you for such details and our staff will NEVER ask you for any passwords. If you do receive such an email or are asked for a password by anyone claiming to represent ng homes group, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us to report the incident as soon as possible.
Links to other websites
We are committed to ensuring that the information contained on this website is accurate and up-to-date. However, the information contained on our website is for guidance only and we make no representation or warranty as to its accuracy or completeness.
None of the information contained on this website is intended to form any part of a contract between you and ng homes group.
The information contained on this website is subject to change without notice so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to us.
We shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or cumulative losses or damages arising out of the use or inability to use these pages, any errors, misrepresentations or omissions on the material contained on them.
You agree that the material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of our web pages is obtained entirely at your own risk and that you will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data.
How to contact us
Data Protection Officer
50 Reidhouse Street
Data Protection Registration Details
North Glasgow Housing Association Limited
Data Protection Registration Number: Z7314133
Date Registered: 5th December 2002