These are repairs that present immediate risks to your safety, security, health or could lead to serious damage to the property. Examples include:
- Total electric failure
- Major structural damage
- Blocked drains causing flooding to the property
- Blocked toilet when there is no other toilet to use in the house
- Lack of heating in winter
Report the fault as soon as possible by calling us free on 0800 595 595. We aim to attend and make safe all emergencies within 4 hours and complete any follow up work within 24 hours.
For emergencies relating to:
- Power cuts: please call Scottish Power on 0800 0920 9290
- Water cuts: please call Scottish Water on 0845 600 8855
- Smell gas? Call SGN as soon as you can on 0800 111 999. Do not turn on lights or power switches. You should also open a window. Read more advice at gas safety.
- Burst pipe? Turn your water off at the stop tap. If the emergency is due to an electrical fault, and it's safe to do so, turn off your power supply at the main fuse box or meter. Call us on 0800 595 595.
This applies to any repair that needs to be completed quickly but is not an immediate risk to health or the safety of the property.
- Partial loss of electricity
- Leaking roof
- Loss of water or heating in the summer
We aim to complete urgent repairs within 3 working days of them being reported.