In preparation for potential adverse weather, including snow and/or freezing conditions, ng2 aims to react proactively to ensure that:
- Existing services (close cleaning and bulk) are maintained as far as reasonably practical.
- Deliver alternative services to ensure that tenants/residents are given every possible assistance in terms of snow clearing/gritting etc. to minimise risk in particular to the elderly, infirm or vulnerable people.
- Clear snow/grit entrances to all offices and the Ron Davey Enterprise Centre.
- Clear snow/grit and target specific areas as directed by Housing colleagues.
- Work in conjunction with Glasgow City Council to ensure that all grit bins in the areas are replenished as and when required.
- Liaise daily with Housing Managers to agree areas of priority including Amenity Housing, Retirement Housing complexes and Vulnerable areas as set out below: