Skip to Main Content

Return to Noticeboard Stories

On Universal Credit? Don't forget to update your journal.

Important information for tenants – action required! UC-Rent-Update

If you are on Universal Credit and receive ‘Housing Costs’ to help pay your rent, you must let the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) know of the change in your rent due to our recent rent increase. 

To make this easier for you, the DWP will send a ‘To Do’ notification to your journal in the first week of April 2023.

You must complete the ‘To Do’ before your Universal Credit assessment period ends in April 2023, or you will miss out on the money you are due. You should complete the 'Confirm your housing costs' which can be found under 'Change to your rent'. 

If you need help with your journal, please speak to your Housing Officer. You can contact the team by calling 0141 560 6000.

If you don’t tell the DWP about your rent increase, your Universal Credit will not be increased to cover your new rent, and you could miss out on benefits you are due.

Iip Health And WellbeingIip Gold LogoIiyp Gold Oscr Logo Customer Service Excellence logo in purple  Cla Member Agent Web And Email Logo Disability Confident Logo Glasgow Living Wage EmployerSocial enterprise scotland Logo